Monday, May 11, 2009

Any suggestions on how to keeps wells around plants(roses) from blowing out when they get watered?

see question regarding Hot Summer for my roses and how to revive them. I have tried to keep wells around them them to hold the water better but they keep blowing out. This not only waters dirt the has nothing growing it is breaking the bank as far as my water bill goes. (had one bill that was $400 or so. I live in the Desert and they say we have little water resources so they chearg out the but_. I have been up to tier 6 on my water bill. the higher the teir the more you pay per unit. HELLLLLLLP.

Any suggestions on how to keeps wells around plants(roses) from blowing out when they get watered?
try taking a five gallon bucket and cut it with a sabre saw about 5 inches from the top the whole way around it. this will give you a ring to mound your dirt against
Reply:The first answer reminded me of a way that I heard an old timer grow tomatoes. he would take a bucket, put small holes in the bottom and bury it in the center of four tomato plants. Each morning he would fill the bucket with water or water and fertilizer to the top and it would slowly seep into the ground, right where the roots were encouraging them to grow deep and keeping the plants moist without damaging the leaves. I realize this isn't roses but might work just as well for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment