Monday, May 11, 2009

What shrubs or plants go best with the Wine and roses Weigela?

I have appoximately 13ft by 4ft area to work with in front of my house. I love the color of the Wine and Roses Weigela. I wanted some other small things to go with them but I am beginner when it comesto gardening.I'm in zone 5.





I want perennials so I won't have to ever plant in that area again.





Any opinions are welcome and appreciated.





Oh, that area have sun for about 5-6 hours.

What shrubs or plants go best with the Wine and roses Weigela?
Hi, Not sure where you are from, but what about going with the burgndy line but different textures. Try some phormiums (flaxes), whihc are strappy. There are some beautiful colours with them, thers a new Azalea out with the deep burgundy leaf as well. Then have a couple of bushes taht arent burgndy to stand out. Check out your local nursery to see what they have in stock.


Cheers.





Maz (Ms Mazscapes Nursery, Vic. Australia)
Reply:The link below is to Springhill Nursery's shrub page. Lots of colors, types and shows which zone they grow best in.





Many pages to look through :)


No comments:

Post a Comment