Monday, May 11, 2009

How do you grow roses from clippings? How about potted roses?

I am living in an apartment with a balcony and would like to grow roses in pots. I have friends that inherited roses. They will give me clippings, but I don't know how to grow them from clippings or whether or not they would grow potted. I do not know what kind they are. Any help would be wonderful and graciously appreciated.

How do you grow roses from clippings? How about potted roses?
Try root starter. Follow the instructions.





The best bet is to go to a full-service nursery (not one at Wal-Mart) and ask them how to use it.
Reply:You should really graft them onto some good root stock. There are some really good articles on how to do this on the web. Just do a search for "Master Gardener Notebook" and hopefully you will find an article telling you the correct way to graft.


No comments:

Post a Comment