Friday, May 21, 2010

How do I take care of my roses in Kansas?

I live in Kansas (zone 5/7) and I just bought my first rosebush. Its called "dream come true" and I have no idea how to prepare the soil for the plant. Its going in a spot with appropriate sun/moisure. What do I do with it?

How do I take care of my roses in Kansas?
I lived in and around Topeka for many years.


You take care of them pretty much like any thing else amend the soil with a 50/50 mix of hum as or potting soil. They are susceptible to mold When watering don't get the tops of the plant wet. Keep watered but don't over water. fertilize with Miricle grow rose food. You can dust with insect powder only when you see damage.


Dead head when needed and that is about it Good luck
Reply:i am from uk so we would dig hole put plenty of well rooted compost manure plan at same level asa in pot. if its bare rooted take care not to plant it to deep replace the soil tread down with heel if the soil is dry water well before u put the plant in water well if its dry then water at night but dont over water thats as bad as no water, hope it smells nice bet its not the last rose u get. popa

clogs

No comments:

Post a Comment