Thursday, May 20, 2010

Why do My Roses Have Yellow Leaves?

We have been getting a lot of rain and sun and the roses outside are doing really well full of blooms and buds. But when I look at the leaves I see some yellow. Last year was a hard year on them so I just thought that the yellow leaves were explained by the drought conditions. But now I don't know why the leaves would be yellow and I am worried about a virus. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Why do My Roses Have Yellow Leaves?
If leaves have pale mottling, and then turn yellow it may be a bug called leaf-hoppers, they are small jumping and flying insects. If leaves yellow and fall early and are getting enough moisture as you say it may be they need more fertilizer. Is your soil a good rich soil? Ah the joys of roses, the weaklings of the garden! Hope this helps a little
Reply:I'm not sure why they turn yellow but, I do know you need to pull them off when they show. Another thing to help you roses out is just beside you bush dig a little hole and plant a banana peel there. It give you roses pitassium(misspelled)


No comments:

Post a Comment