Thursday, May 20, 2010

How do I prune my roses, and when is the best time to prune in queensland?

I am a lover of roses and decided to grow some ....but they dont look good after last years pruning and there were not many blooms HELP thanks Kath

How do I prune my roses, and when is the best time to prune in queensland?
Pruning of roses is actually done year round. Every time you cut off old blooms and remove twiggy growth you are actually promoting new growth. There are two times a year when you prune more seriously, spring and fall. I realize you are just entering winter as we here (in Texas) are entering summer, so disregard the actual dates listed in the link below, focusing on fall vs. spring general information.
Reply:Hi Kath...I prune my roses here in Victoria Australia hard in July..thats only leaving small twigs..I have no training in how to do it..just trial and error...my roses have done beautifuly...I also prune lightly in Febuary and always snip off old flowers down to the next shoot on the same branch or if you require go down a few shoots...if there is no shoot one should pop up soon...Also fertilize in spring..Hope this helps...Cheers...

hiking shoes rating

No comments:

Post a Comment