Sunday, May 16, 2010

Can I go plant my bare root roses with out soaking them first?

I ordered alot of Jackson %26amp;Pekins roses and I don't have enough buckets to soak them all.. These are really big roots! I thougt if I filled the hole with lots of water I may get by with just planting them.

Can I go plant my bare root roses with out soaking them first?
Wow, they must be great roses. I was always taught to only soak the roots if I couldn't get them in the ground right away. If I were you I would plant those roses you dont have room to soak first, be sure and water them in really well. How/whether you soak the roses will not make nearly as much difference as how soon you get them planted in a nice big hole with lots of compost and peat moss, and then watered in well.
Reply:I would only soak them if there has been no rain or theres not going to be rain. I would just plant them because you did put the water in the hole


No comments:

Post a Comment