Sunday, May 16, 2010

Are there thorn free roses I can grow?

I want to plant some roses in my front yard, but have small children that I don't want to get hurt from the thorns if they should happen to run into or fall on them. Are there any such roses I can plant or grow that will be thorn free, or at least have fewer thorns?

Are there thorn free roses I can grow?
i worked in a nursery for 5 years and there are a few varieties of rose that have less thorns, and virtually no thorns. i cant remember the names of them right off hand, but there are a number of sites you can hit to find out. jackson%26amp;perkins, star roses, weeks roses to name a few
Reply:I have never seen any. I have 8 rose bushes and 2 small children (3 %26amp; 4). They know to stay away from them because they have sharp thorns. Go ahead and get roses if you wish, just explain to your kids that those thorns (needles) will hurt them and they aren't to touch mommy's flowers. They usuaully won't bother them if they do it will probably only be once until they get poked. Just keep a good eye on them if you think they will mess with the roses.

hiking boots rating

No comments:

Post a Comment