Friday, November 13, 2009

I live in Las Vegas, what is the best way to plant roses?

I have the roses in a one gallon container, but know little about the transplanting, watering and best rose food.

I live in Las Vegas, what is the best way to plant roses?
Las vegas~! loved it when we were there so many years ago. best way i ever seen anything grown out there was in very large pots! keep them out of direct sunlight and water them in the morning, every morning !
Reply:Wow, I hope you're good at looking after roses in Las Vegas! Keep em damp (water everyday) and give them a regular prune after they've flowered. Cause you're in Las Vegas, I'd suggest they're not placed in direct sunlight as it'd be too hot, but part sun as they still need sunlight to flower. I don't know how cool it gets in Las Vegas in the wintertime, but that's probably the best time to transplant. Chop it back a bit to lessen shock and water well. A complete rose food from your local nursery should do the trick.


No comments:

Post a Comment