Monday, November 16, 2009

What do I make my cake roses out of so I can perserve the flowers?

I want to make a demo cake, and I am going to spray the cake to preserve it. What do I make my roses out of, fondant, gum paste, etc.?

What do I make my cake roses out of so I can perserve the flowers?
You could try royal icing also ,but I suggest gum paste because royal icing is excellent for lilies but wouldn't do for roses or orchids; I my opion roses an or orchids need to be molded out of gum paste to achieve that delicate look an you can get tools(they call kemper tools)an a orchids throat pattern, to make the throat "veinie"..
Reply:Most commercial wedding cake makers do flowers and more detailed work with gum paste.





It's easier to work with than fondant if you need stuff to stand up long term.


No comments:

Post a Comment